The Dishwasher is on Timeout

It has now been over a week since we've run the dishwasher. The dishes are clean, so no worries, but I've been doing it the old fashion way. By hand!

It's amazing how many dishes a family of four can use in just a couple of days. And when the dishwasher gets full, the sink and surrounding counters usually get filled up to. With spring coming and the bug population beginning to come out of hiding (like the dang ants that came for a visit a couple of weeks ago), I refuse to give them any incentive to come into my house. Plus, the dishwasher is noisy, and annoying, and it seems like it has to run every other night.

So last weekend I decided I was going to challenge myself, to see how long I could go without running the dishwasher, doing the dishes by hand.

It's sad, and probably shows that I'm getting old, but it's actually been kind of fun.

As soon as the kids or I are done eating or drinking, I wash.

As soon as I discover my husband has put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, I pull them out, and I wash.

Not sure how long this will last, but I'm proud of one week. And it also means we haven't run out of any silverware in at least a week.

Score!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts